If you find yourself needing to make a deposit into your credit union account, here are some ways you can do that, while still maintaining social and physical distance, keeping everyone safer.
- We recommend downloading our mobile app and depositing your cheque through the remote deposit option in the app. This is the fasted and easiest way to get those funds into your account. Standard holds will apply, unless there is sufficient funds already in your account to cover the cheque should it be returned.
- Cheques can be mailed to our Milner Branch Location (The Energy Credit Union Limited 212- 305 Milner Avenue, Toronto ON M1B 3V4) with a note of what account and where you’d like the funds to go (savings, personal chequing, TFSA RRSP, loan etc.). Please remember that Canada Post has announced some delays and suspended delivery guarantees during this difficult time.
- ATM deposit at an Exchange network ATM into your Credit Union account. This is a great option that can let you make cash or cheque deposits on your own schedule. Please remember that as the COVID-19 response develops and adjusts as time goes on, these ATMs may become less convenient as other Financial institutions limit deposits to protect their own staff from exposure while emptying and balancing the machine daily. Staffing may also become scarce as time goes on.
- Members can drop off cheques at our Milner Branch Location (Please remember that government restrictions and social distancing requirements mean that you will need to make an appointment if you must choose this option. Please expect delays and wait times so that we can adhere to distancing and sanitation protocols to help protect our staff and other members).
- For members who have an account at another institution, members can deposit cheques at their closest non Credit Union Branch and send themselves an e-transfer for deposit into the Credit Union or request a one-time Pre-Authorized Deposit Agreement. Please remember that there are daily, weekly and monthly transfer limits from Interac.
If you have any questions about how to get funds into your Credit Union account, we’d love to help! Please call us at 416-238-5606 or email us [email protected] We can make sure all your questions are answered and any requests or concerns about your account are taken care of. We appreciate your patience during these times of high call volumes. Stay safe!