In these uncertain times here’s what you can do as an Energy CU member to prepare for evolving situations…
- Take the time to update your contact information with us. As situations develop we will be reaching out to our members where and whenever possible. Please update us with your most recent contact information, both email and phone, so that you can be kept in the loop with the developing situations as they arise.
- Register your account for online CyberBanker/Mobile App or Telephone teller now. These electronic branches may be the fastest way for you to get information about your account during the next little while. Call us and get your account ready for access. If you do happen to run into any issues you will likely have less wait times if you are not one of many trying to get assistance. We do our best to make sure everyone is helped as fast as possible, but large volumes mean that wait times undoubtedly will increase.
- Get that ATM Card Now. Even if you never had need for an ATM card, you should think about it now. Government mandated business closures can happen at any moment. Take the time to order your card now. Access to cash may be critical. If you have a card that you rarely use, try it out to make sure that you remember the PIN. Again, If you do happen to run into any issues you will likely have less wait times if you are not one of many trying to get assistance. We do our best to make sure everyone is helped as fast as possible, but large volumes mean that wait times undoubtedly will increase.
- Get some breathing room. We are here for you. If you are experiencing income shortfalls due to COVID-19 we can help. If you need some funds to hold you over until things return to “normal” we have our Roll Out Loan Special. It has a great low rate with delayed payments*. If you currently have loans or mortgages with us you also have options to reduce your payments. Please reach out to us and we can make sure we do our very best to help you through this situation.
- Be cautious about fraud We will never send you unsolicited emails, pop-up’s, calls or the like, asking for confidential information, such as your password, PIN, Access Code, credit card and account numbers. Check out our blog for more ways to keep yourself safe.
- Stay informed about COVID-19 Follow the latest developments from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Avoid Close contact. Social distancing does not mean social isolation. Social distancing involves taking steps to limit the number of people you come into close contact with. This will help to limit the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We are asking our members to avoid coming into our branches if at all possible. Please call ahead and we can help you with anything you may need by phone or email. 416-238-5606 or [email protected] Please note we are guided by global experts and health authorities and we will continue to monitor any changes in guidelines and protocol. As such, we have modified our branch hours.
- Wash your hands. Mom was right! Now go wash those hands! Global News has a great video here. http://globalnews.ca/news/6617003/covid-19-coronavirus-hand-washing/