The TECU CYL Camp Sponsorship
Leadership is a quality that has touched each and every one of us at some point in our lives. Without the guidance of leadership, we would not have the foundation we need to grow, and we would struggle to find the tools necessary to reach our greatest potential.
TECU recognizes the value of leadership. We also realize that it takes a special individual to be a leader. Most importantly, we understand that even leaders need guidance. Even leaders need the tools to grow and further develop their skills and attributes. This is why we have decided to sponsor an aspiring adolescent to attend the Co-operative Young Leaders (CYL) and Base Camp.
CYL and Base Camp Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must have a parent, grandparent, or guardian who is a member in good standing with The Energy Credit Union Limited (TECU).
- Applicants must be members in good standing with The Energy Credit Union Limited (TECU).
- Applicants must be the primary member of their own account, not just a joint owner on someone else’s account.
- Applicant’s parent’s or grandparent’s TECU account must be active and opened at least six months prior to submission of application.
- Applicants must be attending elementary school or high school full time.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the CYL and Base Camp program.
- Employees or volunteers of TECU and members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive the sponsorship.
- The TECU Selection Committee has final and binding discretion regarding the awarding of the CYL and Base Camp sponsorship.
CYL and Base Camp Process
- All eligible applicants will be considered for the sponsorship.
- Application Deadline TBA
- We ask that applicants please submit an essay that is up to 500 words in length and describes why they deserve to be sent to this rewarding program.
- In addition to the essay, an application form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Applicants’ submissions will not be returned.
- Selections will be made by an impartial committee appointed by the Board of Directors.
- All Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision.
- While personal information will remain strictly confidential, the recipient of the sponsorship must permit TECU to use any relative information that is necessary to promote the CYL and Base Camp and our sponsorship program.
- Additionally, the recipient is also asked to submit a digital image of their self or have an authorized TECU staff member capture a photograph for the use of promotion as mentioned above.
- TECU may modify or discontinue this program at any time.
CYL and Base Camp Selection Criteria
TECU recognizes and appreciates the fact that leaders come in many different forms. For this reason, we are asking our applicants to convey what leadership means to them, and how they carry out their definition in their every day experiences.
We are looking for an individual who can tell us:
- Why they feel leadership is important in both the community as well as globally
- What attributes they have that make them a good leader
- How they demonstrate leadership in their school and community
- What they aspire to achieve in life as a leader, and how they are committed to doing so
- What they would hope to gain by attending the CYL and Base Camp
- How they would put the skills they learn at CYL and Base Camp to positive use
Although The Energy Credit Union is providing the majority of the CYL and Base Camp fee, the camp requires the applicant to contribute. However, because we feel this is such an important opportunity for your personal development, we are happy to offer a full refund of your contribution upon your completion of the camp week as a special incentive this year. This is a very special program that can open many doors for you now and in the future.